Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome!


The heading for this writing refers to the national highway Route 10 in Kyushu, Japan which stretches along the coast from Northern Fukuoka Prefecture to Southern Kagoshima Prefecture.

Two days ago my colleague Asano and I took this route to attend the Dutch kinetic sculptor Theo Jansen’s Exhibit at the Oita City Art Museum. In the autumn my girlfriend Zoe Brown will be visiting for 2 months and during that time I anticipate coming to know Route 10 quite well.

The illustration here is from a collection of works by the novelist and poet Miyazawa Kenji. I first found this image years ago and can no longer remember the artist's name. It's about time for me to look at her works again, and when I do I'll write a feature for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment